By appointment only: Please call 732-431-7324, ext. 7313 or email email@example.com to schedule. Map drop offs may still be put in the drop box outside the main doors of the building at 33 Mechanic Street in Freehold, entrance is in the Market Yard lot.
Please allow 24 hours for review. If all is correct, the map will be recorded. If not, you will be called to pick the map up for necessary corrections. Please include a check in the amount of $55.00 per map, contact information, and return mailing address.
The County Clerk records subdivision maps in accordance with State Law. The purpose of filing a map in the County Clerk’s Office is to have on record an accurate drawing of real property showing metes and bounds of a subdivision.
Any map filed in the County Clerk’s Office must contain the following:
- Name of Map, municipality and county N.J.S.A. 46:23-9.11
- Date of survey N.J.S.A. 46:23-9.11
- Map must be endorsed with a certificate, signed and sealed with the municipal seal by the clerk or secretary of the planning board, stating that the map complies with the provision of the Map Filing Law required to be filed. N.J.S.A. 46:23-9.11
- Certificate showing the signature of the municipal clerk is required if a bond is given guaranteeing the future setting of monuments shown on the map.
- Certification signed and sealed by the municipal engineer and stating that the map conforms with the requirements of the Map Filing Law.
- Certificate signed and sealed by the licensed land surveyor stating that the map conforms with promulgated requirements of the State Board of Land Surveyors and with the Map Filing Law requirements.
- One translucent mylar is required for filing of map. The standard sizes accepted are: 8½” x13″, 24″x36″, 30″x42″, 11″ x17″, 18″x24″or 15″x21″. Thickness of mylar copies is at least 4 mils.
- Map must bear stamp of approval of Monmouth County Planning Board.
Fee for filing is $55.00 for each subdivision submitted.
If you have any questions about filing a map, please call (732) 431 – 7324, option #4.