As a courtesy to our residents, the Monmouth County Clerk’s Office is providing this webpage as a centralized portal for information about the latest public notices, closures, and cancellations, regarding the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. We will try our best to keep this webpage up-to-date with the latest information and links for you and your family:
Updated: 4/3/20 at 10:03 a.m.
State of New Jersey
- State income tax filing deadline and the corporation business tax filing deadline will be extended from April 15, 2020 to July 15, 2020
- Executive Order No. 110: All Child Care Centers Must Close on 4/1/20 unless Serving Children of Essential Workers
- Executive Order No. 107: Stay at Home Order, Prohibits All Social Gatherings, Mandates Work From Home Arrangements for Employees When Possible (effective 3/21/20)
- Executive Order No. 105: Implements Changes to Upcoming NJ Elections with regard to petition filing and May Municipal Elections. (effective 3/19/20) Click here to read Clerk Hanlon’s press release about the four affected May municipal elections in Allenhurst, Deal, Keansburg and Loch Arbour
- Executive Order No. 106: Moratorium on Removals of Individuals Due to Evictions or Foreclosures (effective 3/19/20)
- Administrative Order: Mandatory Closure of All Personal Care Services, including barber shops, beauty salons, spas, etc. (effective 3/19/20)
- Administrative Order: Mandatory Closure of All Indoor Portions of Retail Shopping Malls, Places of Public Amusement (effective 3/17/20)
- Declaration of State of Emergency, Announcement of Executive Order No. 104, Social Distancing (effective 3/16/20)
- Recent Press Releases
- Governor Murphy’s Executive Order No. 105: Implements Changes to Upcoming NJ Elections with regard to petition filing and May Municipal Elections. (effective 3/19/20) Click here to read Clerk Hanlon’s press release about the four affected May municipal elections in Allenhurst, Deal, Keansburg and Loch Arbour
- Notice: Candidates can now obtain signatures electronically on a nominating petition, petitions can either be emailed or hand delivered by appointment to the NJ Divison of Elections
- All MVC agencies are closed through 4/12/20 and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has pushed the Federal REAL ID Act compliance deadline back to October of 2021, next year.
- All driver licenses, non-driver IDs, vehicle registrations, and inspection stickers expiring before May 31 have been extended by two months.
- The Department’s facilities are closed to the public.
- Anticipated reopening of all One-Stop Career Centers, Labor Department headquarters at 1 John Fitch Way, Trenton, Disability Determination Services and Workers’ Compensation courts is 4/13/20.
- Workers’ Compensation hearings will resume virtually on 4/6/20.
New Jersey Courts, Monmouth Vicinage
County of Monmouth
- Extended: Monmouth County Clerk’s Offices Closed to Public through April 30, 2020
- Governor Murphy’s Executive Order No. 105: Implements Changes to Upcoming NJ Elections with regard to the May Municipal Elections and June Primary petition filing. (effective 3/19/20)
- Extended: Public access to the Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office Public Safety Center located at 2500 Kozloski Rd., Freehold is suspended until further notice./a>
- As a result, all Sheriff Sales, tours, classes and events at the Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office Public Safety Center have been cancelled until further notice. Per the State of NJ’s issued Executive Order 106 it states that evictions and foreclosure proceedings have been suspended. Click here for more information.
- From: Monmouth County Board of Taxation
- To: Pending Property Assessment Appeals
- Date: March 16, 2020
- RE: MARCH 31st HEARINGS ADJOURNED TO APRIL 24th
All 2020 assessment appeals scheduled for March 31st, 2002 at the Hall of Records have been rescheduled to April 24th, 2020 at 9AM in the Hall of Records, 1 E. Main St., Freehold New Jersey. All affected taxpayers will be sent revised hearing notices.
If you have any questions, please call the Tax Board at (732) 431-7404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monmouth County Municipal Governments
The Monmouth County Health Department has set up a hotline to answer general COVID-19 questions during weekdays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Crisis counselors are also available to assist residents who may be experiencing stress or anxiety due to the evolving situation. Dial 732-845-2070.
The New Jersey Poison Control Center and 211 have partnered with the State to provide a hotline for information about COVID-19. Dial 2-1-1 or call the 24/7 hotline at 1-800-962-1253.
To submit a suggestion for this webpage, please email CountyClerk@co.monmouth.nj.us.