Provided below are links to sixteen online searchable databases for County Clerk records. These indexes allow the viewer to select a record and request a copy via email, which will be provided promptly at no cost. Other databases not yet online are available in the Archives, where visiting patrons may request a search.
To view your generated results properly on your desktop and activate the column sort feature, make sure your computer view is set to 100% or less.
- Civil War Muster Lists, 1861-1865
- Certificates of Incorporation, 1833-1995
- Coroner Inquests, 1786-1915
- Exempt Firemen, 1871-2018
- Hotel Trade Names, 1906-1913; 1931-1970
- Illegitimate Children, 1734-1897
- Insolvent Debtors, 1755-1898
- Marriage Returns, 1684-1892
- Name Changes, 1881-1996
- Naturalizations, 1804-1906
- Naturalizations, 1907-1991
- Naturalization Transfers, 1957-1983
- Naturalizations Women’s Applications for Oaths, 1941-1966
- Naturalizations WWI Military Petitions, 1918-1919
- Overseers of the Poor, 1754-1911
- Tavern Applications, 1736-1919
County Clerk Record Group finding aids describe what information is available in each record series.
For further research, other online digitized documents are available on the Open Public Records Search (OPRS) System.