Reference Maps, 1678-Present

RECORD GROUP: Map Collection
RECORD SERIES #: 12200
SERIES: Reference Maps
DATES: 1678-present
VOLUME: 5 boxes

SCOPE & CONTENT

The Reference Map collection is available in the archives reading room and contains original and reproduction maps pertaining to the general subject area of Monmouth County and New Jersey.

The Archives’ copy of “Land of the Monmouth Purchase Company in the County of Monmouth” was scanned by Rutgers University and is available at http://mapmaker.rutgers.edu/MONMOUTH_COUNTY/MonmouthPurchaseCo.html.

The map was laid down from actual surveys and records of the Surveyor General’s Office of East Jersey New Jersey, by Francis W. W. Brinley, Perth Amboy, 1838. The map is of 26,642 acres, covering as far south as Toms River, of what is now Ocean County, with later markings showing properties owned by the East Jersey Proprietors.

ACCESS RESTRICTIONS

This collection is open to researchers.

USE

These maps are available in the Jane Clayton Reading Room in Archives. An index of the reference maps is available at the Monmouth County Archives as an Access database in Archival Collections – Indexes called “Maps Reading Room.”

REPOSITORY
Monmouth County Archives
125 Symmes Drive
Manalapan, NJ 07726
Phone: 732-308-3771

ACQUISITION INFORMATION

Various sources.

PROCESSING INFORMATION

A finding aid was updated by George Joynson in December, 2015.

RELATE MATERIAL

See also Wall Maps.